Answered By: Cynthia Thomes Last Updated: Jun 11, 2020 Views: 2605
Do I need an EBSCO account?
You don't need an EBSCO account to search and use EBSCO databases, but creating a free My EBSCOhost account will let you save your search results so that you can access them later, organize your saved search results in folders, download e-books, create alerts, etc.
To create a free My EBSCOhost account:
1) Go into OneSearch. (You may get prompted to log in with your UMGC credentials.)
2) Once in OneSearch, click the Sign In link from the blue menu bar that you'll see toward the top right-hand corner.
3) Where it says, "Don't have an account?" click Create one now and fill out the form.
4) For email address, you can use either your personal or your UMGC email address.
5) For USERNAME, we strongly recommend that you use your email address as your username. Otherwise, if you forget what username you used to create the account, there is no way to retrieve it later.
6) After you finish creating the account, you should then be able to click the Sign in link and log into your personal account.
For more information, see How to Create and Manage a My EBSCOhost Account.
Note that My EBSCOhost accounts are completely separate from MyUMGC accounts, so your MyUMGC log-in information will not work for My EBSCOhost.